How do I sell my house fast in Visalia, CA?
You’re looking to sell your house in Visalia fast, and you’d like to get top dollar. Great! But what exactly do you need to do in order to ensure that your house sells quickly?
Rising interest rates and higher prices have seen the market cooling somewhat, and it isn’t the sellers market it once was. Your home will need to be in top shape in order to stand out amongst the crowd and avoid a lengthy frustrating sales experience. Here are some tips that will help you please todays picky buyers and ensure that your home stands out above the rest!
*NOTE: These instructions apply if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your Visalia house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and expense.
- Work on your curb appeal. First impressions count. Your buyer will likely have formed a large part of their opinion regarding your property before even stepping inside! Make sure your lawn is trim and clean. The yard should be free of any dead or overgrown trees or vegetation and any junk or dilapidated vehicles should also be removed. Falling down or broken fences should be repaired. If the house shows wood rot, peeling or discolored paint, a heavily dented garage door, etc, these issues must be remedied.
- Update major systems to current standards. To fetch top dollar, your homes major components need to be up to current standards and have most of their usable life left. Is your roof on year 35 of a recommended 25 year life? Are your windows leaky single glazed units where others in your neighborhood have gone to newer dual glazed? Does your home have only an old evaporative cooler while competitive properties have newer AC units? Buyers do not want to buy a property with expensive repairs looming over them in the near future. Most buyers do not have the cash to absorb these kinds of repairs, so they need to be done prior to sale.
- Fix any and all broken items. That cabinet door thats falling off the hinges? The cracked window youve been meaning to fix for years and forgot about? The bathroom vent fan that just doesn’t spin anymore? Your home probably has numerous defects that you’ve gotten so used to over the years that you practically forgot about them. Y our potential buyers won’t be so forgiving. Every component of the home must be in good shape and operating propertly.
- Update the homes cosmetics to current trends. Home trends change. That shag carpet and those avocado green appliances may have been all the rage in the 70’s, but they won’t help you sell your property today. If you really want to sell your house in Visalia fast, consider painting your home both inside and out in neutral shades that are unlikely to be polarizing to buyers. Also consider putting down new flooring if yours is not of a current style and not in good shape. Buyers also tend to priortize kitchens and bathrooms. If yours have not been remodeled in recent history, you will have to do so in order to sell your home for top dollar. Current kitchen trends include quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, and recessed LED lighting.
- Declutter. When buyers are at a showing of your home, they need to both see the home and imagine themselves in it. A house that is excessively stuffed with your personal effects makes both of these difficult. Consider renting a storage unit and moving any unneccesary items into it. You may also wish to enlist the services of a professional home stager who is adept at outfitting a home to optimally showcase it and for it to photograph well.
If all of this sounds like a lot of work to you, you’re right! Alternatively, you can
Get a cash offer. We will buy your house in Visalia for cash, as is and close on the date of your choosing. Leave the work to us! If you have the funds to do these things… AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things and then list on the MLS (the main property listing service agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things, or you can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Visalia house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you. There is no obligation in your part whatsoever! We can close FAST (in as few as 7 days), if you need us to. We are your Visalia cash home buyers! We buy homes in Visalia and throughout the rest of Tulare county as well.
If a fast and easy home sale sounds good to you, drop us a line at 661-432-1828 or fill out the short form on our website today!